#365DaysLater: Day Zero
Hello, hello, hello!
Yes, I'm alive.
Yes, I exist.
No, I haven't been here in a big while.
Lots of things have changed.
Miss me yet?
I didn't think so.
So I really, really want to continue writing. Every day I come back from work my PC basically screams at me! I used to write every day. Two hours. Now, I just think of sleep and food. And work. Adulthood sucks. Who even invented this...this thing? We'll talk when we get home. *Gives them the evil eye*
1) I just began re-writing my urban fantasy novel for young adults (some say it's middle grade, but some of the themes in it are not appropriate). So far, I have nearly 4,000 words down! My last draft (7th draft...I know, I know, so many drafts, eat me already), has around 118,000 words, so hopefully I end up with as many or less, as long as the story comes through. I will share the first page with you tomorrow!
2) I had 4 fish. 2 died after I switched the tank's light off for a night. 1 jumped out while I cleaned the tank and physically dried! And the last fish...died today after putting it in the clean tank! WHY, GOD, WHY?
3) I work. 4 pm to 12 am. 5 days a week. I sleep a lot, so yeah. But a job, though. So not bad at all. Actually thinking of a second job...but I want to write. I am literally UNABLE to stop thinking about my writing now. I somedays feel like my head will explode, and I get VERY anxious and want to write every freaking story I can think of, and turn every-day-thing into a story, a book, add drama. I am seeing aliens and witches and monsters, and people fighting people! This is mad. I can't live without writing. I now know.
4) My mom just had her 5th child. It's a boy. I gave him his middle name. It's Mateo (Matthew). I'm really happy, and he's adorable. Picture here: http://instagram.com/p/oCGovLmimL
5) As you might have known, I used to blog for The Writer Diaries. But since I work (crazy hours), they asked me to step down. I felt bad that I couldn't promote the blog as much as I wanted, given that I can with my Twitter and Facebook, etc, but I've neglected my blog as well. Other than that, I don't think I missed any posts on there. So I was a little sad when I got the email. Good things don't last, eh. Anyway, follow them! They'll have awesome stuff to share all week. Trust me. I know the schedule. *Wink*
6) Because I was not writing, all I could do was THINK about writing. I honestly came up with...THREE new plots for novels I want to write. If I could write 1 book a year, i'd take me about 17 years to write them all. *DIES*
7) I MISS TWITTER.
8) I am currently reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Laini Taylor is amazing. *Breathes* And trying to re-read Uglies.
9) If I get good reading done, I will have a book review up every 7 to 14 days on my new, shiny blog at J Luis Reads. Check it out.
10) Since most reviews are for books that many people already know about, I want to review books from independent authors. In case you have a book you'd think I'd enjoy and you can handle my honest review, shoot me an email (find it over by the icons area...on the top right hand corner). I will honestly read anything, as long as it has a great plot, because it's what I love the most. I don't read science fiction. Or erotica. Because they are either really, really long, or the plot is predictable.
11) Wish me luck and see you around.